Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Internally Honored

Just when things were getting stressful today, God provided a moment to remind me of the bigger picture.

I was asked to go upstairs to receive a Girl Scout cookie donation for our volunteers and was told they wanted a picture, too. I wasn't thrilled about the picture, but I'm the intern so it doesn't really matter ;).
When I got upstairs I saw a couple with their daughter, who is a patient, and a wagon full of cookies. The mom explained that thier daughter isn't able to particpate in Girl Scouts anymore, so her troop sold cookies in her honor. The family decided to donate them to the volunteers.
I was more than honored to take a picture with her handing me a box of cookies.

I'm so thankful for moments like this one when God puts it all back in perspective for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment